We are proud to announce the release of Pamela Meyer’s new book, The Agility Shift: Creating Agile and Effective Leaders, Teams, and Organizations, published by Bibliomotion.
About the Book
As contrary as it sounds, “planning”—as we traditionally understand the term—can be the worst thing a company can do. Stable or predictable business environments are a thing of the past, and what matters today is innovation and the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
The Agility Shift shows business leaders exactly how to make the radical mindset and strategy shift necessary to create an agile, entrepreneurial organization that can innovate and thrive in complex, ever-changing contexts. As author Pamela Meyer explains, there is much more involved than a reconfiguration of the org chart and job descriptions. “It requires relinquishing the illusion of control at the very foundation of most management training and business practice. Despite most leaders’ approaches, agility is not simply accelerated planning.”
In The Agility Shift, Meyer makes strategic recommendations and provides personal accounts, case studies, and findings from neuroscience to show leaders how they can shift their mindset to be effective when the unexpected strikes.
And as it turns out, being agile pays off. Not only are agile firms filled with engaged, passionate people who are aligned with the mission and values of the organization, they are more profitable. An MIT Sloan School of Management study of 649 firms found that “agile firms grow revenue 37% faster and generate 30% higher profits than non-agile companies.”
You can purchase The Agility Shift on Amazon.
About the Author
Pamela Meyer, PhD is a premier Innovation Catalyst for business leaders who recognize they urgently need to shift their way of thinking and doing business to sustain their relevance and competitiveness in a rapidly changing market. A sought-after keynote speaker, she inspires audiences around the world with new perspectives and actionable ideas to become more agile and innovative.
The Agility Shift is Meyer’s fourth book on innovation, learning and change. In addition to her speaking and consulting practice, Meyer teaches courses in business creativity, organizational change, and adult learning at DePaul University, School for New Learning in Chicago, where she is also the Director of the Center to Advance Education for Adults.
Praise for The Agility Shift
- “This book is a tour de force for leaders at every level who must develop a capacity to experiment, adapt, and learn amidst a turbulent VUCA environment. Meyer offers insight that ranges from neurobiology to relational webs; stories that range from leaders of major corporations to UPS managers; the challenges that range from recruiting agile leaders to creating cultures that nurture them. Covering a wide terrain at such a deep level, this is an important book that deserves a wide readership.” – Frank J. Barrett, author of Yes to the Mess: Surprising Leadership Lessons
- “Meyer provides a powerful framework and accompanying suggestions… to help you immediately start creating an effective culture of agile leaders and teams.” – DeBorah Lenchard, Director of Education & Talent Development, Spot Trading LLC
- “Brilliant yet simple, The Agility Shift is a must-read for all professionals and will serve as a useful practical guide in today’s constantly changing business environment.” – Rohit Manchanda, Trade & Investment Commissioner, India, New South Wales Government, Mumbai
- “Detailed and highly entertaining… Brimming with compelling examples of agility in action, this is an essential guide to a new and more effective organizational approach.” – Tom Barr, Ph.D., Knowledge Manager, Enablon North America Corp
- “Clear and insightful… The Agility Shift is packed with relevant and diverse examples that drive significant points about intentionally transforming organizational life.” – Lisa Gundry, Ph.D., Professor and Director, Center for Creativity and Innovation, DePaul University
- “A must-read… Meyer brings a unique combination of personal and professional experience and her practical approach and tools can help leaders, individuals, teams, and organizations make the shift to being more responsive, innovative and agile. I highly recommend this book!” – Ann Manikas, VP of Human Resources and Inclusion, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago
- “The Agility Shift makes clear that if we want to survive and thrive (in good times and in crisis), all individuals, teams, and organizations must make a strategic priority of becoming more agile. Just as importantly, she lays out recommendations for how to do it.” – Greg Owen-Boger, co-author, The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined